Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mountain Sunset Scarf


Since starting this scarf on Tuesday night, I've come along way. The green marker represents what I knit yesterday and Tuesday night when I first started on this scarf. Today I've knit from the marke up to where the needle is and that represents 32 rows, from this morning to now. I only stopped knitting to take this picture and blog a little about it.

When I first started this scarf I wanted something that was a no brainer pattern. One that I'd memorize and wouldn't need a pattern to follow. I remembered knitting a baby blanket years ago for my ex-sister-in-law when she was pregnant with her second daughter, and how easy that pattern was to remember. I no longer had that pattern but I remembered it was similar to the Old Shale, or Feather and Fan stitch.

So without further ado, here's the beginning of my take on both of these patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment